Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thanksgiving Year Round

Well it finally happened...
The golf season ended - even though there is no frost to be seen and the average temperature this past week was 60 degrees. (Sorry Polar Bears; but thank you Global Warming).
... Meaning- I am officially unemployed.
No, I have not joined Occupy Providence despite the roller coaster of emotions I have endured these past weeks. My behavior has been as constant as the New England weather...everything from surges of impulsiveness, (almost bought a one way ticket to Florida) eating away my depression, to days of empowerment, hope and productivity, and right back to what feels like certified crazy.
My mood today? Pure Bliss. In light of the recent Holiday, I have a lot to be thankful for. And although some days are harder than others, I must remind myself to be grateful for these things every day and not just national Holidays.
I am still coming down from my high from one of the best weeks in my life. 10 days of true happiness. I had a great Thanksgiving with loved ones - the final count was 33. I have a HUGE family to say the least. Not to mention activities after activities! To give you a snap shot of the week- I had my first Bruins game, a night at the Biltmore Hotel in Providence, I successfully made my own pizza out of a brick oven , and did it all with great friends- old and new.
The best part of it all- an interview. LinkedIn has finally proved itself worthy. Advice: follow smaller companies. There is a good chance to get on their radar compared to a huge corporation.
My Job-hunt thus far has consisted of mainly major corporations, but now more than ever am I loving the idea of working for a smaller company. This consulting firm has a culture unique from any other. I was fortunate to meet with five associates, one including the CEO, all who value team work, unity and an overall understanding of respect regardless of status. That was very apparent to me from the minute I walked in and until the hour and a half later when the President himself walked me to the door.
It has me thinking a smaller company is the way to go. Especially after reading 10 pros of working for a small company.
#TheJobHuntContinues but I am thankful for each and every opportunity... TO BE CONTINUED.

No comments:

Post a Comment