Wednesday, December 7, 2011

31 Work Days Closer to Retirement

Sorry for my absence but I had to time my next post accordingly. I'm in a fairly good mood today with a hopeful outlook on my future (which is not as rare as I'm making it seem!) but I figured I would regret any of the posts that are currently saved in my drafts... sometimes a girl has to vent!

This is my seventh week being in New York and I can't believe I'm still adjusting. Everyday on my walk from Grand Central to Times Square I force myself to keep my eyes up and repeat over and over, this is my city now. No matter how hard I try, I still feel the need to poke my head out of the taxi cab window and  I can't resist taking pictures of Times Square- as if I'm never going to see it again.

I am still staying with my best friend's family just outside of the city on the hunt for an apartment I literally will never be able to afford. I must say I have been so incredibly blessed with this family. Without them I would have lost it 5 weeks ago...and yesterday....and today...

I catch the morning express train 7:30am and I'm usually getting off on the opposite side of the track around 7:30pm. The 12 hours days can be draining but at least the days don't drag by. I always have a new project on my desk that, more often than not, comes with no explanation. My work day is filled with trial and error and an ongoing list of questions. Thankfully I work with amazing young women who are so incredibly supportive and always seem to invite me on a Starbucks break at just the right time.

This transition into the real world has been a challenge for sure but what better place to embrace it than Glamour Magazine?

No comments:

Post a Comment