Thursday, December 15, 2011

It's ME. I'm Next.


Today I officially received an offer from Lois Paul & Partners; and I accepted (OBVIOUSLY!).
Words can't express how I feel; all my dreams are coming true ( WOW, didn't think this post could get any cheesier, but It just did).
On a serious note. I couldn't be any happier... and it's not even a full-time job (What?!).
It's a paid internship, 40 hours a week, and it's the opportunity I have been looking for. A real boot-camp internship where I can LEARN all the fundamentals of PR, at a prestigious company in BOSTON, but small enough where you are ACCOUNTABLE and NEEDED on a day-to-day basis. That extremely long sentence consisted all of the underlying values I looked for in my future employer. LP&P exceeds every one of them.
Patience is a Virtue.
Not to mention, there is a high success rate for those interns who do well to become an Assistant Account Representative, which includes salary and benefits. If the opportunity doesn't occur, (which it will!!!) I am confident that the experience will be a crucial stepping stone in my professional career path. It is a foot-in-the-door in Boston, the industry, (they specialize in IT/health- care/clean-tech - a huge market in Boston) and I will be truly qualified for whatever comes next.
Ironic as it may seem, #thejobhuntcontinues. As one of my interviewers from LP&P said, "Work for the job you want, not the one you have" and I know I will be working plenty hard to earn my spot there.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like the PERFECT opportunity, Gessenia. What a great, great way to get your foot in the door & learn all the skills you'll need for the next step! CONGRATS, again! I hope you'll continue blogging as you begin this new chapter of your life :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Erika!! You know I will :)

    ReplyDelete